Manager of Workplace Education
Jewish Vocational Service, a non-profit workforce development organization, seeks a fulltime, experienced Manager of Workplace Education to oversee all daily aspects of all designated Business Services programs. The Manager of Workplace Education builds, strengthens and grows key partnerships, supervises and supports direct service staff, tracks and reports all relevant program data and outcomes, and evaluates programmatic success. The Manager of Workplace Education oversees multiple employer-based programs, acting as the primary contact for employer partners and providing supervision for a team of off-site instructors and coaches. The Manager of Workplace Education also institutes any necessary upgrades and changes to ensure success of the program, and creates documents for submission to JVS leadership, funders, evaluators and other stakeholders.
The right candidate will have:
• minimum of 3 years of program/contract management and supervisory experience strongly preferred
• experience in curriculum development for the adult learner
• ability to analyze course outcomes and propose means to achieve desired outcomes, if appropriate
• strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
• strong interpersonal, communication and organizational skills are required
• ability to work independently and as part of a team is required
• ability to work effectively with staff and clients from diverse cultural, socio-economic, ethnic and educational backgrounds is required
• ability to deal tactfully and effectively with a diverse group of clients at all levels of the organization
• demonstrated and effective presentation and facilitation skills are required knowledge of community resources and web-based resources preferred
• Bachelor’s degree required
Work hours are generally 9-5 Monday through Friday (full-time 35 hours/week). As a full-time employee, you will qualify for medical and dental insurance, 403(b), short and long term disability and life insurance plans. A robust paid time off plan is also part of the offering. Regular local travel and some evening hours required.
If you wish to apply, please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate in your cover letter where you saw the listing.
JVS is strongly committed to diversity and a workplace environment that respects, appreciates and values employee differences and similarities. By providing and supporting a work culture that fosters and builds upon diversity and its strengths, JVS will better serve our local communities and continue to provide quality services.
JVS is an employment at-will organization and an equal opportunity employer committed to maintaining a work and learning environment free from discrimination on the basis of sex, race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital/civil union status, ancestry, place of birth, age, citizenship status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information or disability, as defined and required by state and federal laws. Additionally, JVS prohibits retaliation against an applicant or employee because he or she has engaged in protected activity under the statutes prohibiting discrimination in the workplace.