Prepare for College and a Career
Do you want to earn a college degree? JVS’s Bridges to College program can help you develop the skills you need to succeed in college and prepare for a great career. Our academic training can also help you change your career.
Bridges to College has helped over 700 students improve their academic skills and enroll in college. Instructors will ensure that you are academically ready for college, while academic coaches help you through the college application and financial aid process, and a job coach will help you find a job after graduation. This program is at no cost to students!
We also offer a pre-Bridges English and Math program, JVS BEAMS, for students who need more time learning English and Math before starting other classes.
- Academic skills necessary for success in college
- Job skills, including resume writing and interview preparation
- Financial literacy skills
- Career exploration and insights into specific career pathways
You’ll Also Gain:
- Career coaching to prepare you to enter college and start a great career
- Guidance through the college application process and financial aid application process
- Age 18 or older
- High school diploma, (from anywhere in the world) GED, or HISET
- Intermediate to high English skills
- U.S. citizen, green card holder, refugee status, or asylee/parolee status
“Since I began in Bridges to College, my courage, my fighting spirit, and the love of study that I lost 10 years ago has returned. Now when I look forward in my life, the future looks bright. More than a simple bridge to college, this program is really a bridge to a better life.” – Sylvain Lorng, Bridges to College Graduate
“If you are looking for success, if you want to get a degree in college . . . Bridges to College is the right place for you.” – Abdelmalik, Bridges to College Graduate
“The first thing you have to do is believe in yourself, and then everything is possible.” – Yamileth, Bridges to College Graduate
Classes start every January and July. You must attend an information session to join the program. Please attend a session before classes fill up.
For more information, contact: