Animal Care Technician Training Program
Are you interested in supporting medical research? Become an Animal Care Technician and help hospitals and medical facilities conduct groundbreaking medical research! In partnership with Boston Children’s Hospital, JVS offers a paid Animal Care Technician Training Program that will equip you with the skills you need to launch your career.
This 12-week training program is PAID, and participants earn $18.50/hour for 30-35 hours/week. Following graduation, JVS will work with you to help you find a job as an animal care technician in the Greater Boston Area.
Want to learn more and get started? Sign up for an information session below.
- Length of training program: 12 weeks
- The training program is full-time
- Participants earn $18.50/hour for 30-35 hours/week
- On-the-job training
- You will receive individualized job coaching throughout the training and up to 90-days post-employment
- At the end of the training program, participants are considered for open positions at Boston Children’s Hospital and provided with job placement services
Am I eligible for this program?
- Be willing to work with animals and care for their daily needs
- Must not have any preexisting allergies to hay, animals, or dander
- Must have valid work authorization
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent
- Be able to lift, push, and pull up to 50 pounds at a time and work on your feet up to 7-8 hours per day
- Eager to seek growth opportunities and have a strong work ethic
- All applicants will be required to participate in a CORI and drug screening