Bank Career Training Program
Are you interested in starting a career in the banking industry? JVS’s Bank Career Training Program will help you gain the skills you need to launch your career. Our graduates are prepared to work as tellers in commercial and retail bank locations.
This 7-week training program is free for participants. Previous bank partners for this program include Bank of America, Boston Private, Citizens Bank, Community Credit Union, East Boston Savings Bank, East Cambridge Savings Bank, JP Morgan Chase, Rockland Trust, Santander Bank, and TD Bank.
- Bank product offerings
- English as a second language
- Teller responsibilities
- Banking industry knowledge
- Bank safety
- Customer service
- Cross-selling skills
- Financial literacy skills
- 80+ hours of classroom time and workshops with our bank partners
- Job search and placement support
- On-going support following graduation
- Speaks English as a second language
- Proficient spoken and written English
- Eligible to work in the United States
- High School diploma (from any country)
- Preferred: 3-6 months of cash handling and customer service experience in the U.S.
- Basic computer skills
- Clean background check, credit score taken into consideration
- Interest in working in the banking industry
Complete a registration form by clicking the Register button below.
For more information, contact:
“JVS took my family from low-income to middle-class income. Thank you very much for that.” – Osman, Bank Career Training Program graduate.
“I worked for 10 years in a bank in Peru. I was sure that because of my experience, getting a job as a bank teller in the United States would be easy. I sent dozens of applications to banks of all sizes, and after a long wait, finally was invited to interview, but I was not hired. I decided I needed a training school and found the JVS Bank Teller Training Program. Here, I refreshed and upgraded my knowledge of Bank’s products and services, I learned how to write a winning resume, and how to conduct a successful interview. This year I got a job—indeed I got a career that is a life-changing event. I am now a Customer Service and Sales Representative with East Cambridge Savings Bank.” – Pedro Espinoza, Bank Career Training Program graduate.