Pharmacy Technician Training Program
Are you interested in a promising career in the high-demand healthcare field?
This January, we are offering a Free Training program to become a Certified Pharmacy Technician with a guaranteed externship placement at one of participating externship partners: Boston Children’s Hospital, CVS, South Shore Hospital, Tufts Medical Center, and Walgreens. Upon successful completion of the program and externship, JVS will assist you in getting a job in the Boston area in the retail or hospital sector.
- Dates: April 22 – July 12, 2019
- Length of Training: 12 weeks, full-time
- This is not a paid training program; it is a FREE program
- Students will prepare to pass the National Pharmacy Technician Training Eam: PTCE
Students will build an understanding of the responsibilities required of a Pharmacy Technician and will take classes in:
- Pharmacy Mathematics
- Pharmacy Law
- Pharmacy Basics
- Professional Communication
- Professional Development
JVS provides individualized job placement services with a retail or hospital employer upon successful completion of the training program with a 100% placement rate every program cycle, for the past 3 years.
- Fluent or Strong English skills
- Must have a desire to work as a Pharmacy Technician for a retail or hospital location in Boston
- HS Diploma or equivalent required, and must be 18+ years
- All applicants will be required to participate in a CORI, background and drug screening
- Potential candidates must commit to attend all classes and externship shifts
- Be a good listener who is also detail oriented
- Eager to seek growth opportunities and have a strong work ethic
How to Apply:
- Interested candidates must attend an information session in order to apply for the program.
- Information sessions take place every Tuesday at 10am at JVS’s main office (75 Federal St, 3rd floor, Boston, MA).
- Click here to find an upcoming information session.
- We recommend completing registration form (click on the Register Now button below) as your first step in the registration process.
(Note: you may attend an info session regardless of whether you have submitted the registration form).
For more information, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org