Pharmacy Technician Training Program
Are you interested in a promising career in the high-demand healthcare field? JVS’s Pharmacy Technician Training Program can provide you with the training you need to pass the national pharmacy technician certification exam and launch your career.
The training program is a full-time, 12 week program, and includes a 114-hour externship with our partners at CVS, Walgreens and other local pharmacies, where you will gain hands on experience working in a fast-paced pharmacy. Students will be in classes 4 days a week from 9-3 and on externship at a local pharmacy for an additional 9.5 hours per week. Ongoing support will be provided throughout the program and students will benefit from job placement upon graduation.
- Over 200 medication names, uses, strengths, and interactions
- Pharmacy math operations
- Protocols for working in a hospital pharmacy
- All the material and skills you’ll need to take the national certification exam
You’ll Also Gain:
- Hands-on experience through an externship at a local pharmacy
- Job placement services following graduation
- On-going support
- High school diploma or GED
- Ability to communicate well in English
- Clean CORI and the ability to pass a drug screening
- Desire to work full-time in a pharmacy
- Attend an information session on Tuesdays at 10:00AM at JVS Boston
JVS runs 4 cycles of pharmacy technician training programs each year. Interested candidates must attend an information session in order to apply for the program. Information sessions take place every Tuesday at 10:00 at JVS’s main office. Click here to find an upcoming information session.
For more information, contact: