TEFL Certification Course
Want to become TEFL certified in just six weeks? Join us this summer at JVS Boston!
About this TEFL Course and JVS:
JVS Boston is a mission-driven nonprofit workforce development agency and has been a leader in English for Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL) instruction for over 40 years. This summer, we are offering a TEFL (Teaching English as a Foreign Language) Certificate Course led by instructors who teach successful workplace ESOL programs all over the greater Boston area. Last year, JVS operated 44 ESOL classes at over 12 employer sites and throughout the Boston community. Learning to teach at JVS means that you are a part of our family!
This is a six week intensive TEFL foundation course. It includes 24-36 hours of teaching and observation in a real classroom, as well as 84 hours of instruction and guided lesson planning. The course is designed for candidates with little to no previous English language teaching experience.
- Program Dates: July 8, 2019- August 16, 2019
- Training Length: 6 weeks for 20 hours per week
- Classroom Training Schedule: Monday-Thursday from 1:00 PM- 4:30 PM (14 hours per week)
- Hands-on Training Schedule: Classroom observations and teaching practicum Tuesdays and Friday from 9:00 AM – noon OR Tuesdays and Thursdays from 6:00 PM – 9:00 pm (4-6 hours per week)
In this course, you will learn:
- Basics of English grammar and teaching theory
- Foundations of Communicative Language Teaching
- Practical skills for teaching English, with an emphasis on adult learners, of all levels
- How to assess learner needs and plan effective activities and lessons
- How to design your curriculum using a variety of resources
- Course cost: $2,250
- Application deadline: June 21st
- Program begins: July 8th
- Bachelor’s Degree required to participate
Please register using this form to be contacted with more information: http://bit.ly/TEFLSummer2019
For more information, contact:
Suzy Kratzig, JVS Program Manager
SKratzig@jvs-boston.org or 617-399-3364
JVS Boston Mission: Empowering individuals from diverse communities to find employment and build careers, while partnering with employers to hire, develop, and retain productive workforces