TEFL Certification Course
Want to become TEFL certified in just twelve weeks? Join us in Fall of 2020 at JVS Boston!
About this TEFL Course and JVS:
JVS Boston is a mission-driven nonprofit workforce development agency and has been a leader in English for Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL) instruction for over 40 years. This fall, we are offering a TEFL (Teaching English as a Foreign Language) Certificate Course led by instructors who teach successful workplace ESOL programs all over the greater Boston area. Last year, JVS operated 44 ESOL classes at over 12 employer sites and throughout the Boston community and online.
This twelve–week TEFL foundation course includes 40 hours of teaching and in-classroom observations, as well as 80 hours of instruction and guided lesson planning. The course is designed for candidates with little to no previous English language teaching experience.
- Program Dates: September 14 – December 11, 2020
- Training Length: 12 weeks for 10 hours per week
- 80 hours of class sessions
- 40 hours of practicum experience working closely with JVS instructors
- Both traditional and online class options
In this course, you will learn:
- Basics of English grammar and teaching theory
- Foundations of Communicative Language Teaching
- Practical skills for teaching English, with an emphasis on adult learners of all levels
- How to assess learner needs and plan effective activities and lessons
- Curriculum design using a variety of resources including online learning platforms
- Bachelor’s Degree Required
- Tuition: $2,250 – Payment Options Available
Please register using this form to be contacted with more information: http://bit.ly/JVS-TEFL-2020
For more information, contact:
Kristan Fitah, Senior Manager
KFitah@jvs-boston.org or 617-735-6841
JVS Boston Mission: Empowering individuals from diverse communities to find employment and build careers, while partnering with employers to hire, develop, and retain productive workforces.