TEFL Certification Course
Want to become TEFL certified in just six weeks? Join us in summer of 2020 at JVS Boston!
About this TEFL Course and JVS:
JVS Boston is a mission-driven nonprofit workforce development agency and has been a leader in English for Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL) instruction for over 40 years. This summer, we are offering a TEFL (Teaching English as a Foreign Language) Certificate Course led by instructors who teach successful workplace ESOL programs all over the greater Boston area. Last year, JVS operated 44 ESOL classes at over 12 employer sites and throughout the Boston community. Learning to teach at JVS means that you are a part of our family!
This is a six week intensive TEFL foundation course. It includes 36 hours of teaching and observation in a real classroom, as well as 84 hours of instruction and guided lesson planning. The course is designed for candidates with little to no previous English language teaching experience.
- Program Dates: July 6, 2020 – August 14, 2020
- Training Length: 6 weeks for 20 hours per week
- Training includes 84 hours of class sessions and 36 hours of practicum experience with JVS instructors in authentic classes
- Training Schedule TBD
In this course, you will learn:
- Basics of English grammar and teaching theory
- Foundations of Communicative Language Teaching
- Practical skills for teaching English, with an emphasis on adult learners, of all levels
- How to assess learner needs and plan effective activities and lessons
- How to design your curriculum using a variety of resources
- Course cost: $2,250
- Bachelor’s Degree Required
Please register using this form to be contacted with more information: http://bit.ly/JVS-TEFL-2020
For more information, contact:
Rachel Smith, Program Assistant
email@example.com or 617-399-3224
JVS Boston Mission: Empowering individuals from diverse communities to find employment and build careers, while partnering with employers to hire, develop, and retain productive workforces.