Job Quality Initiative
JVS Boston sits at the intersection of employers and jobseekers – helping employer partners attract and retain productive workforce so companies can flourish, while helping job seekers gain marketable skills and negotiate the best employment opportunities available.
In this turbulent labor market, low-wage workers are seeking opportunities that offer stability and economic growth for themselves and their families. Job Quality is taking center stage and JVS is ready.
Since 2017, JVS has been developing the Job Quality Benchmarking Index – a survey and qualitative tool that generates reports demonstrating how their jobs stack up against competitors on job elements that matter most to job seekers: Wages, Benefits, Scheduling, Access to Career Ladders, and Supportive Environment.
Click here to learn how the Job Quality Benchmarking Index was developed.
Attend a live virtual demonstration of JVS’ Job Quality Benchmarking Index by registering for one of the upcoming sessions:
- Friday, January 13, 2023, 12pm ET
- Friday, February 3, 2023, 12pm ET
- Friday, February 24, 2023, 12pm ET
- Friday, March 17, 2023, 12pm ET
- Friday, April 7, 2023, 12pm ET
- Friday, April 28, 2023, 12pm ET
- Friday, May 19, 2023, 12pm ET
To share this initiative with your industry peers, click here to access a flyer.
How Does It Work?
After completing the short survey, JVS’ tool generates a summary report that shows an employer how their jobs stack up against regional competitors. Watch the embedded video to see how it works.
Click here to see a sample Benchmark report. Employers who choose to enlist in JVS’ consultation services to improve job quality receive a detailed report that contains a question-by-question analysis for a fee.
Take the Survey and Become a Quality Employer!
Employers are invited to take our job quality survey, so they can learn how your jobs stack up against the competition. Normally, such information costs upwards of $500, but JVS is offering employers a report for FREE. Click here to begin.
JVS' Job Quality Initiative in the News
- Partnering for Impact: Connecting Organizations with the Right Talent (Training Industry) by Susan Buckey – July 15, 2022.
- Increasing Job Quality through Greater Employer Transparency: Models to Inform Future Action at Scale (Urban Institute) by Molly Scott, Batia Katz, and Jessica Shakesprere – April 2022.
- This tool lets employers compare wages, benefits to competitors (The Boston Globe) by Katie Johnston – March 15, 2022.
Other articles about Job Quality
Become a Licensee
Looking to improve job quality in your region? Join JVS by becoming a licensee of the Job Quality Benchmarking Index. With our licensees, we are sharing best practices and impacting job quality throughout the country. To join us in amplifying these efforts, email Susan Buckey, Director of Employer Engagement at JVS Boston.
Support JVS's JOB Quality Work
As use of JVS’s Job Quality Benchmarking Index spreads across the country, our software needs to continually develop and adapt. To support future improvements to the Index, click here.
Contact our team!
- Mandy Townsend, VP of Employer Engagement, JVS Boston, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Susan Buckey, Director of Employer Engagement, JVS Boston, email@example.com