Caring for our Seniors: A Nurse’s Aide Training Program
Are you interested in entering the healthcare field? JVS’s Caring for our Seniors: A Nurse’s Aide Training Program can help you launch your career as a nurse’s aide. JVS offers both 6-week and 14-week full-time training programs, which provide specialized training in long-term care through classroom instruction and hands-on clinical experience.
We offer two tracks – one for non-native, intermediate level English speakers and one for advanced or fluent English speakers. The track for non-native English speakers is 14-weeks, and includes English language classes. The track for advanced or fluent English speakers is 6-weeks long, and participants who successfully complete the program will be offered a full-tine job with benefits at Spaudling Rehabilitation Network.
We offer both tracks four times each year, at no-cost to participants.
- English language skills (for intermediate English track only)
- Computer skills
- Medical terminology and anatomy
- Healthcare customer service
- Specialized skills for working with frail elders (for intermediate English track only)
- Everything you’ll need to know to pass the state nursing assistant exam
- Specialized skills for working in a hospital settings (for advanced English track only)
You’ll also gain:
- Intermediate English track – Job placement services. JVS has strong relationships with many healthcare providers in Massachusetts and we will work with you to find a successful job placement after graduation
- Advanced English track – participants who successfully complete the training program will be guaranteed a full-time job with benefits at Spaulding Rehabilitation Network (in either Cambridge, Charlestown, or Brighton). Salaries start at $14.67/hour.
- Non-native, intermediate level English speaker OR advanced or fluent English speaker
- Clean background check
- At least 3 months of work experience
- Able to lift without restrictions
- Must attend an information session. Find an upcoming information session here.
Click here to find an upcoming information session.
For more information about Caring for our Seniors: A Nurse’s Aide Training Program, contact: