Pharmacy Technician Training Program
Are you interested in a promising career in the high-demand healthcare field? Our free training program will train you to become a Certified Pharmacy Technician with a guaranteed externship placement at one of our participating externship partners: Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Boston Children’s Hospital, CVS, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, South Shore Hospital, Tufts Medical Center, and Walgreens. Upon successful completion of the program and externship, JVS will assist you in getting a job in the Boston area in the retail or hospital sector.
- Training lasts 12 weeks and is full-time
- This program is FREE to all participants, and it is an unpaid training program
- Includes hands on training in a live pharmacy, with career placement with Boston area employers
- Students will prepare to pass the • National Pharmacy Technician Certification Exam (PTCE)
- Students will build an understanding of the responsibilities required of a Pharmacy Technician and will take classes in:
- Pharmacy Mathematics
- Pharmacy Law
- Pharmacy Basics
- Professional Communication
- Professional Development
Am I eligible for this program?
- Fluent or Strong English skills
- Must have a desire to work as a Pharmacy Technician for a retail or hospital location in Boston
- HS Diploma or equivalent required and must be 18+ years
- Must not be enrolled in full-time college classes
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S.
- Must be able to commit to both the entire full-time training program, and full-time employment for 6 months to a year following graduation from the program
- All applicants will be required to participate in a CORI, background and drug screening
- Potential candidates must commit to attending all classes and externship shifts
- Be a good listener who is also detail-oriented
- Eager to seek growth opportunities and have a strong work ethic