Free Tax Preparation
Do you need help filing your taxes? JVS’s Tax Center can help you file your taxes for free, make sure that you get all the credits you deserve, and make the most of your tax refund. JVS’s Tax Center acts under the umbrella of the Boston Tax Help Coalition, which aims to provide free and easy tax preparation services to individuals and families.
In 2018 the Tax Center will be open from January 23 – April 12. The Tax Center hours are Tuesdays and Thursdays from 4:00 – 8:00pm. Tax site operations are by appointment, with limited availability for walk-ins. To make an appointment please call 617-399.3235. Please ensure you have all documents before making a call for an appointment.
- Save up to $500 in tax preparation services
- Convenient evening hours
- All volunteers are certified by the IRS to prepare taxes
- To qualify for free tax preparation, your household income must be $54,000 or less.
What to Bring to Your Appointment:
- Government issued photo ID
- Social security card for yourself and any people they may be claiming
- Proof of health insurance (Health insurance cards, HC-1099, 1095-A, etc.) for taxpayer, spouse, and all dependents. If you have MassHealth make sure to bring your MassHealth insurance card)
- If you received the premium tax credit, you must bring in a 1095A
- All W-2 forms
- All 1099 forms
- 1099 G – Unemployment
- 1099 R – Pension Payments
- 1099 INT – Interest Payments
- 1098T – tuition payments, with payment statement from college and receipts for materials
- 1098E forms – student loan interest paid
- Total child care expenses in 2017, and child care provider’s name, address, Employer Identification Number (EIN) or Social Security Number (SSN)
- Total rent paid in 2017 and total commuter expenses
- Any mail from the IRS and/or the Massachusetts Department of Revenue (DOR)
- Tax Return from last year
- Bank account and routing numbers for direct deposit in a checking and/or savings account. You can split between your savings and checking accounts!
Schedule an Appointment:
You can schedule your appointment online starting January 15th, 2017.Book Your Appointment
The Tax Center hours will be Tuesdays and Thursdays from 4:00 – 8:00pm. Tax site operations are by appointment with limited availability for walk-ins. Please ensure you have all documents before making a call for an appointment.
For more information, contact: