The JVS VITA Tax Site 2023 is Winding Down
Our tax preparation services are now closed for this tax season. We would like to thank you for choosing our services and for entrusting us with your tax preparation needs.
- If you still need to file your income tax returns before April 18th and you are comfortable with preparing your own taxes, you can find assistance at https://www.myfreetaxes.com/ (by United Way).
- The IRS also lets qualified taxpayers (with an Adjusted Gross Income of $73,000 or less) prepare and file federal income tax returns online at https://apps.irs.gov/app/freeFile.
- Those who don’t qualify can still use fillable forms, which can be found at https://www.irs.gov/e-file-providers/free-file-fillable-forms.
- If you need additional time to file beyond the April 18th deadline, you can request a filing extension before April 18th by filing Form 4868 at https://www.irs.gov/filing/free-file-do-your-federal-taxes-for-free.
- If you need to file an extension for Massachusetts, please visit https://www.mass.gov/info-details/file-an-extension-for-massachusetts-personal-income-or-fiduciary-tax.
- You can check on your Federal Tax refund at https://www.irs.gov/refunds
- You can get a copy of your Federal return at https://www.irs.gov/individuals/get-transcript
- You can check on your State Tax refund at https://www.mass.gov/how-to/check-the-status-of-your-tax-refund
- You can get a copy of your Massachusetts Tax Return at https://www.mass.gov/service-details/request-copies-of-previously-filed-tax-returns-and-other-taxpayer-specific-records-from-dor
- If you still need assistance beyond the deadline, please refer to the Boston Tax Help Coalition partner who may be able to help at https://www.bostontaxhelp.org/. Also, you can find additional resources at https://www.irs.gov/.
We look forward to serving you again next tax season in 2024!
The JVS Tax Team