Patient Care Technician Training Program
Interested in the program? You have two options for how to learn more and sign up!
Option 1: Attend a live information session on Zoom
Option 2: Watch the info video below, then sign up for an interview
Kickstart your career in healthcare as a Patient Care Technician! This 7-week program focuses on acute care skills, direct patient care, phlebotomy basic and EKG basics, with a guaranteed, full-time job at Boston Medical Center upon completion.
- 7-week in-person training from May 1, 2023 – June 16, 2023
- Includes 21 hours of acute care clinical experience at Boston Medical Center
- Guarantees a full-time job with benefits at Boston Medical Center
- Starting pay of $17.83/hour, plus shift differentials
- Credentials included with this program: Home Health Aide (HHA), CPR, Basic Life Support (BLS), and First Aid
- These training programs are offered at no cost to those who are selected to participate
Am I eligible for this program?
- Must have a HS Diploma, GED, or foreign equivalency
- Must be willing to do a full-time training and work a full-time job
- Must be willing to work at least 2 different shifts with rotating weekends
- Must have COVID vaccine (including COVID booster) & flu vaccine
- No physical lifting restrictions
- Must be able to train at various sites around Boston that are MBTA accessible
- CORI and drug tests required